To ensure that Northern Counties Cricket Club ( NCCC ) remains and continues to develop as a successful and respected Club by providing cricketing opportunities open to all members of the community, and enabling every member to enjoy participation in all aspects of the Club in a structured, fair, well resourced, safe and friendly environment.
Northern Counties Cricket Club will:
- Maximise the number of young players participating in the Club’s Junior Section, within the limits of the Club’s resources
- Provide structured participation opportunities for all players to improve and develop their skills within the Club, from 5yrs to under 16 and beyond
- Maximise the retention and involvement of young players within the senior Club once they progress from Junior cricket
- Provide all players with appropriate access to opportunities in District and County programmes
- Increase the number of CS qualified coaches and volunteers working within the Club
- Develop and strengthen the whole club environment by establishing a proper working relationship with the Highland Council
- Develop working relationships with our local community via its Primary and Secondary schools
- Work with Highlife Highland, The Northern Meeting Park Group and others to improve the facilities at The Northern Meeting Park
- Develop and promote cricket within all “minority” groups.
- Develop and strengthen senior playing teams
- Ensure effective communication between team captains
- achieve 1st XI win of NoSCA Senior League by 2020
- enter a 3rd XI in the NoSCA Reserve League by 2025
- Club Members, Sponsors and Supporters are currently informed of Club matters, events etc. by the Club website, by email and verbal communication, by Club AGM and by Management Committee meetings.
- The Development Planning process is carried out by a small group, comprising of the Club Secretary, 1st XI and 2nd XI Captains, The CPO and the Club President.
- The draft will be presented to a committee meeting for discussion, amendment (if necessary) and agreement.
- The Development Planning Group will then review all feedback before completing the Plan.
- The completed plan will be formally approved on behalf of the Club at a full Management Committee meeting.
- The wider local community is currently informed of the Club and its events by free access to the Club’s website and by members word of mouth.
- The Club is a member of the North of Scotland Cricket Association, the Highland Cricket Development Group and the Inverness Area Sports Council, a number of external bodies and organisations currently have communication with the Club.
- The Club is also a member of Cricket Scotland, although there is no longer local representation.
- Upon completion of the Plan, the Club will post the Plan on the Club website.
Cricket Development Groups
- The Club is regularly involved in meetings of the HCDG
- The Club is represented at the NoSCA meetings
- NoSCA runs a Select XI,
|Club Development Planning Group|
| Management Committee (Officers of the Club) President Vice-Presidents Secretary Treasurer Child Protection Officer 1st XI Captain 2nd XI Captain Committee Members Junior Co-ordinator |
|Junior Sub-Committee Junior Co-ordinator All Junior Team Managers & Coaches* Child Protection Officer |
Frequency of Club Committee Meetings
Management Committee: Meets every 2 months or when required and Annual General Meeting in November each year.
Junior Sub-Committee: Meets at least once per year, in the pre-season period, for review of previous season and planning of forthcoming.
Club Development Planning Group: Frequent meetings currently, for initial drawing up of Development Plan. Proposed annual meetings for Plan Review.
Management Committee: Minutes of Committee meetings and AGM are prepared by the Secretary. Other letters, promotional material, applications, etc., written as required
Junior Sub-Committee: Minutes are prepared by the Junior Co-ordinator. Other letters, promotional material, applications, etc., written as required
Club Development Planning Group: Ideas and text for the Development Plan are written ad hoc by all members of the group as part of the planning process and discussions.
Management Committee: Communicates with the Junior Sub-Committee where relevant via the Junior Co-ordinator. Communication to the wider Club membership is via newsletters, the Club website, the AGM and ad hoc verbal communication as appropriate.
Junior Sub-Committee: Communicates with the Management Committee via the Junior Co-ordinator. Communicates with the wider Club membership via Junior Team Managers/Coaches, newsletters, the Club website.
Club Development Planning Group: see Section ‘Internal Communication & Ownership’
Club Objectives – Current Year (2020/21)
- Continue with structured coaching sessions for junior and senior players
- Improve on league positions for senior and reserve teams
- Engage the services of a community coach when possible to link the local primary schools to the club more effectively
- Continue to encourage volunteers to assist in club development
- Establish more effective working relationship with the Highland Council and implement safeguards to protect our status and the safety of the facilities
- Achieve TOPClub Active Award and Approved Award shortly thereafter
- Continue to attract new members whilst retaining existing ones
Club Objectives – Next Five Years
- Establish a 3rd XI in the NoSCA Reserve League
- Attract more sponsorship by raising the profile of the club
- Use the additional funds to extend the community coach’s remit to include local secondary schools
- Improve the quality of the pitch through investment of resources
- Achieve TOPClub Bronze Award
- Look for funding sources to attract a full time coach/manager
- Encourage coach development and involvement
- Increase the number of volunteers and parent involvement
- Provide greater opportunities for girls to participate