- Each team starts with 50 runs
- “In play” coaching of all players encouraged by 3 on field “umpires”
- Emphasis on enjoyment
- 18 meter wicket and a 35 meter boundary (roughly)
- Toss – Winner decides whether to bat or bowl first. Loser then decides which end they will bowl from.
- At change of innings the bowling end is swapped
- 8 “legal” balls faced per batter
- Wooden bats
- Batting pads optional but the keepers used gloves.
- No “outs” BUT……. Lose 2 runs for each dismissal ( bowled, caught, run out, stumped)
- If “dismissed” the batter moves to the non strikers end for the next delivery – unless it was the batters final ball to be faced
- No LBW
- When batter retires, after facing 8 legal balls, remaining batter takes strike.
- Min of 5 Bowlers
- Maximum of 3 overs per bowler.
- All bowling from one end (could change at end of 1st innings?)
- Soft, fly-ball
- Discretion to be used with wides and no-balls – 1 run added to score for each wide or no ball.
- 6 legal balls constitute an over but maximum of 8 deliveries per over.