Description

The club plays its home matches at the Northern Meeting Park in Inverness. The Northern Meeting Park is steeped in history and has played host to many different sports and games over the years. It has been the home of Northern Counties since the club was formed and remains central to all club activities.

The ground is situated in the heart of the city's cultural quarter, flanked by St. Andrew's Cathedral, the Eden Court Theatre and the Highland Council's Glenurquhart Road headquarters building. The Meeting Park has played host to a number of touring sides over the years including Dr W G Grace's XI, an all Indian XI (which included three maharajas), Leicestershire, Kent, Learie Constantine's XI and an Australian Forces XI.

The ground has a perimeter wall on all sides, painted white at one end to act as a sight screen. A variety of tall trees punctuate the boundary and, although in need of refurbishment, the grandstand at the Ardross Street end can still hold up to 800 spectators. A 1911 league decider between Elgin and Nairn at the 'neutral' Meeting Park attracted well over 3,000 spectators and a special train was laid on to bring supporters along the coast to attend the match. Elgin scored 227-8 to win by 59 runs.

The outfield is kept by the council, but the wicket is prepared by James 'Mr Northern Counties' Lean, who puts endless hours into preparing the track. This year James will have help with the ground maintenence by custonian Jon Ford, who has joined the committe and already gained the knick name 'Jon the Janny.'